1. Knitting Bags. The Namaste knitting bags are fantastic, functional bags in great colours. The Messenger Bag is a popular choice:
It’s expandable and has lots of little pockets and pouches for storing notions, yarn and other stuff. It’s also a great travelling carry-on bag. We have loads of other bag options in both stores.
2. Knitting Needles. The Denise Interchangeable Needle Set has an assortment of needle sizes, all contained in a compact 7″ x 8.5″ case. Buy the pink set and $5. of the purchase price goes to breast cancer research. Or try the exquisite Lantern Moon rosewood or ebony needles. Be forewarned, once you try these you’ll want a complete set:
3. Knitting Books. We have a great assortment. You can’t go wrong with an autographed copy of Son of Stitch and Bitch by Debbie Stoller, with 45 great mens‘ patterns. Or Amy Singer’s great new book, No Sheep For You:
4. A made-in-Canada Fleece Artist or Handmaiden knitting kit. One of our lucky customers will find a Northern Nights Blanket kit under her tree this year. Careful, those blanket kits are addicting. The Soft Mitts kit is another great choice:
5. Beautiful shawl pins or a stitch marker necklace, handcrafted by local artisans. Or check out the beautiful pewter Perl Grey Celtic Knot brooch:
6. Lorna’s Laces Little Can of Paint. With 2 skeins of handpainted sock yarn and a Basic Sock pattern inside a clear plastic paint can. Paintbrush not included.
7. The 2008 Knitting Calendar, with 365 patterns, one for each day of the year:
8. T-Shirts. Choose from our signature t-shirt, “She Was Quite a Nice Girl…” or the edgy new Be Sweet Needle Dude shirts:
9. Stocking Stuffers. Try the Blue Sky Alpacas Knitters Helper knitting cream, “Zen in a Jar”. It’s an all-natural, quick absorbing hand balm that soothes dry skin without leaving a greasy residue:
Or a sheep tape measure, beaded stitch markers, Soak cleanser, Interweave yarn requirement guide, a needle gauge or other notions. We’ll help you fill up those stockings…
10. Gift Certificates. For those hard to buy for guys and gals. They come in any amount and there’s no expiry date. What could be easier?
Don’t forget, we’re open in Point Grey this Thursday evening until 9:00 p.m. and on Monday, December 24, in both stores, from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Don’t despair, there are still 5 more days. Lots of time to finish your shopping and your knitting with some holiday cheer in between.