Who can resist such a graphic and beautiful blanket? Emily is the creator of both the POP and Vivid blankets and will be in town to teach workshops on both! Each blanket is created with squares knit from the center out. Sound crazy? Sign up for Emily’s work shop and she will walk you through it step by step!
The real question to ask is which yarn and which weight? Both blankets can really be knit in any weight of yarn, just choose needles to match. The POP blanket is done in a self striping yarn (Noro Kureyon) to give it a lot of different colors. For Vivid you can choose your palette, cool blues? Fall inspired reds, oranges, and browns? Perhaps something bright and wild? The possibilities are endless!
POP Blanket Workshop
Bright, bubbly and modern, the POP blanket is a unique knitted patchwork quilt. It is a great project for using up bright leftovers from other projects, and a perfect heirloom knit for the very special baby, or your freshly renovated room. Knit from the centre out, these addictive squares use several special techniques that you may not have tried!
You will make one square, and learn all the techniques, including the pinhole cast-on, short-row shaping, stretchy bind-off, blocking and the crochet-chain seam. The class is suitable for advanced beginners.
What to bring:
- POP blanket pattern (available in store or online http://www.tincanknits.com/pattern-TCK-POPblanket.html
- 5.5 mm double pointed needles (or a long circular for the magic loop technique)
- 20 yds each of 2 colours of worsted/aran weight yarn (this is for one square - see the pattern for complete blanket requirements) - sample shown in Noro Kureyon and Cascade Eco
- locking stitch marker, darning needle, crochet hook
Monday, October 21st
6:30 - 9:30
Tuesday, October 22nd
6:00 - 9:00
Vivid Blanket Worshop
Join designer Emily Wessel (of Tin Can Knits) and learn how to make the exquisite Vivid Blanket.
A delicate, lacy but modern patchwork, Vivid is knit one square at a time, in a rainbow of your own choosing! It is a great portable knitting project, and makes a very special baby gift, or a house-warming present to yourself!
You will make one square, and learn all the techniques required, including the pinhold cast-on, knitting lace from charts, and working in the round using either double-pointed needles, or the magic loop technique, depending on your preference!
What to bring:
- Vivid blanket pattern (available in store or online) http://tincanknits.com/pattern-HUK-vivid-html
- 70 (100, 130) yds of sock (DK, worsted) weight yarn - your choice! and needles to match yarn weight (we suggest US 5 for sock weight, US 7 for DK weight, US 8 or 9 for worsted weight)
- stitch markers, darning needle, crochet hook
Sunday, October 27th
1 - 4 pm