You know what it’s like when you convince yourself you can tackle a new project that’s maybe a bit harder than anything you’ve done before? You decide you need a new challenge, psych yourself up and pull out your wallet. That’s exactly what happened with our online sales website project and the challenging part definitely did not disappoint. We feel like we’ve summitted Mt. Everest…
We’re pleased to finally announce that stage one of the UY online sales website is an FO. So you can now go online whenever you choose to purchase your yarn, books, patterns and needles. Or simply flip through the catalogue to see what’s new.
The site is definitely a work in progress. We plan to embellish the project as time and money allow. We’ll be adding lots more products every week and additional bells and whistles are on our wish list.
If you’re strictly a ‘bricks and mortar’ type shopper who loves to touch and feel the yarn, try using the site as a reference tool. Check out our complete specials list. Or have a look at the latest products. Flip through the pattern list and when you find one you like, check out the colours and specs for the yarn used in the pattern.
If you’re an online shopper, you’re probably wondering about some or all of the following:
- Stock counts are not displayed on the site because our online stock is shared with our Point Grey store. We intend to be well-stocked in all products on the site, as much as possible. We hope to be able to immediately fill your orders in most cases. And if we can’t fill your entire order right away, you’ll quickly receive an email outlining your options. We’ll never charge your credit card or paypal account until your order has been shipped.
- Shipping rates for Canadian and US customers are displayed on the site right here. We wish the rates were lower but sadly we can’t control Canada Post’s charges. We’ve averaged costs and in many cases, especially with larger shipments, our shipping rates will be less than Canada Post’s actual charge.
- We ship orders every day between Monday and Saturday. If your order is received before 1:00 p.m., we will try our best to ship and reply to your order that day. If your order is received after 1:00 p.m., we’ll ship and reply to your order either that day or the following day. We’ll let you know if all items are in stock and if not, provide alternatives and/or an estimate on when we expect to receive them.
- Orders outside Canada and the US can’t be made online. International orders should be sent to us by email to email@example.com or by fax to 604-228-1133. We will charge the actual Canada Post shipping cost to that address.
- US and International orders are not subject to Canadian taxes. Total purchases by Canadians are subject to 5% GST. BC residents also pay PST on items that are not yarn, patterns and pattern books. Maritime residents also pay Maritimes Sales Tax on all items that are not books.
- Our online payment processor is Paypal. If you don’t have a paypal account, you can very quickly register with paypal as part of our checkout procedure. Payment may then be made by Visa, MC, AmEx or by transfer from your paypal account.
- The first time you place an order, you’ll need to complete a brief online registration form. The information you provide will be kept in strict confidence and will not be shared with any other organization.
- Questions? We’d be happy to answer them. Just phone us at 604-228-1122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an incentive to try out our new online store, we’re offering a 10% discount on all products, including specials, ordered online through to April 30. Our online system can’t yet calculate discounts, so you’ll receive the discount in the form of a Gift Certificate for use with future purchases at our Point Grey or Edgemont store or with future phone or email orders. Have fun shopping online!
And one last thing before signing off for the weekend, click here to read the Yarn Harlot’s latest laugh out loud blog post. Too funny…